Attorney Michelle A. Blackwell’s professional activities include membership in the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, and The Defense Research Institute. Michelle is a member of Rotary International, served as Board Chair of the Oregon Board of Advanced Aestheticians, Board Chair of Willamette Family Treatment Services (a non-profit serving Lane County that provides detox and treatment for substance abuse disorder), and regularly volunteers with the Senior Law Services of Lane County Legal Aid. Michelle served on the Rotary subcommittee to fundraise, plan, and petition for the successful development of a world-class community skate park in Eugene, Oregon, knows as the Washington-Jefferson Skatepark.
Michelle is married, has two young adult children, and enjoys gardening, fishing, floating, and hiking. She was featured in “Profiles in the Law: Hooping it Up – Michelle Blackwell finds Balance in her Career and Life, Literally,” by C. Collins, Oregon State Bar Bulletin. Michelle grew up in South Bend, Indiana, and graduated from Indiana University and Valparaiso University School of Law. She clerked for the Chief Judge of the U.S. Claims Court in Washington, D.C. drafting opinions on government contracts and takings in real property.
Recognitions & Professional Accomplishments
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Member 2021 – Present, ADTA is an exclusive group of defense trial lawyers that limits its membership to referrals from current members and limits it admissions to only a few attorneys in each state (1 per million in population).
- Chair, Oregon Board of Certified Advanced Estheticians 2016 – 2018
- Lawyers of Distinction Nominee 2017
- Martindale AV Preeminent Attorney 2015 – present
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 – Top 1%
- Avvo Excellent Rated Attorney 8.8/10 2014
- Rotary International Club – Eugene Chapter, 2009 to present
- One of Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in Oregon 2013